New Year’s Eve is around the corner and the Mother City will be coming to the party as always. From open-air concerts and dinner/dances, to picnics and club parties, you’re bound to find something happening in Cape Town. Keep looking out in the weeks ahead and see if you can find the perfect way to see in 2014!
New Year’s Eve in the Mother City 2013/2014
Kirstenbosch New Year’s Eve Concert 2013/2014
- Cape Town favourites Goldfish will be rocking the Old Mutual Kirstenbosch New Year’s Eve party this year. The duo will be supported by Yoav and Tailor. Pack your picnic and blankets and celebrate the night in one of the Mother City’s most beautiful open-air venues.
- Gates open at 19h00. Music starts at 20h00.
- Tickets: R290 each. Book through WebTickets.
- Rhodes Drive, Cape Town 021 761 2866
Nederburg New Year’s Eve Spectacular
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Nederburg with Lira and the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra. Bring along your picnic blanket and basket and see in 2014 in fine style on the beautiful lawns surrounding the Nederburg Manor House.
- Gates open at 18h00.
- Refreshments will be on sale at the venue.
- Tickets: Adults R250 each, Children (12 to 18 years old) R150 each, Children (under 12 years old) no charge. Book at Computicket.
- Nederburg Estate, Sonstraal Road, Paarl 021 862 3104
New Years At Oude Libertas – Stellenbosch
- Part of the Oude Libertas Summer Season Festival, this picnic concert promises to be a hit! The Oude Libertas Band will get things moving with classics like Mama Themba’s Wedding, Summertime, My Baby Just Cares For Me, Ney Nah NahNah, Special Star, It Don’t Mean A Thing If It Ain’t Got That Swing, Green Door, You’re Simply The Best, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, and of course, Old Lang Syne. Bring along your picnic basket and blanket and enjoy the music! There’ll be a cash bar and refreshments on sale at the venue. There’ll also be a screening of the classic ‘Dinner For One’.
- Tickets: R160 each, Book at Computicket
- Doors open at 18h00, music starts at 20h15
- Corner of Adam Tas & Oude Libertas Roads, Stellenbosch 021 809 7473/7380
Electric New Year’s Eve Ball at the CTICC, featuring Carl Cox
- Party it up at the Cape Town International Convention Centre with the legend himself, Carl Cox. The super influential three-deck DJ will bring guests into 2014 with a pumping set of dance music, along with top supporting DJs.
- Early Bird Tickets: General access R470 each, VIP tickets R680 each, VVIP tickets R2050 each
- Regular Tickets: General access R580 each, VIP tickets R785 each, VVIP tickets R2550 each
- Bookings: Email email@example.com
Sunset Boulevard New Year’s Eve Dinner & Show at Theatre on the Bay
- Enjoy the New Year’s Eve performance of Sunset Boulevard at the Theatre on the Bay in Camps Bay. Pieter Toerien presents Andrew Lloyd Webber’s production, starring Angela Kilian as Norma Desmond and Jonathan Roxmouth as Joe Gillis. You can book for the performance only or go for the performance and dinner package.
- Dinner starts at 18h30, show starts at 21h00.
- Tickets: R350 per person for the show, R415 per person for dinner = R765 for dinner and show package per person. Book at Computicket.
- Theatre on the Bay Complex, 1 Link Street, Camps Bay 021 438 3300
NYE 411 at The Loop Nightclub
- Good Hope FM brings you Tyrone Paulsen, Codax, Portia, EpicSA, Ryan le Sar and Spectrum at The Loop Nightclub. Dress code is smart casual and there’ll be a VIP section.
- Tickets: Early Bird (buy before or on 19 December): VIP R120 each, General Access R80 each. After 20 December: VIP R150 each, General Access R100 each. Book at Computicket.
- Doors open at 21h00 and close 04h00
- 161 Loop Street, Cape Town
‘Hats Off’ NYE Party at Clos Malverne
- Get out your favourite Fedora or Stetson hat and enjoy a superb eight course menu, followed by dancing at the popular Restaurant @ Clos Malverne, situated in the heart of the Devon Valley outside Stellenbosch. Guests can look forward to eight sumptuous dishes prepared by resident chef Nadia Louw Smith, paired with eight exceptional Clos Malverne cellar gems. Entertainment will be supplied by live band Double Jeopardy. When the clock strikes twelve, guests are in for a treat with the opportunity to raise a flute of the estate’s newly released, maiden Brut Rosé Méthode Cap Classique, Ellie.
- Event starts at 20h00 and carries on into the early hours of the morning.
- Tickets: R595 per person. Pre-booking is essential – phone 021 865 2022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clos Malverne Wine Farm, Devon Valley Road, Stellenbosch
V&A Waterfront Celebrations
- The V&A Waterfront is really stepping it up this year with a massive free New Year’s Eve bash. The festivities will take place on Jetty 1 where Prime Circle, Freshlyground, GoodLuck and The Rudimentals will be hitting the stage. They’ll be supported by the winners of the Take The Stage talent contest, as well as comedians Rob Van Vuuren and Martin Evans. Zip Zap Circus performers will also be entertaining visitors from early in the evening. The V&A Waterfront is known for its fireworks display at midnight and this year there will be two displays – one at 21h00 and another at midnight.
- Festivities take place from 18h00 – 02h00
- Entry: Free
Pacha Ibiza hits the Grand Café & Beach
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve at the Grand Café & Beach in Granger Bay with a massive ‘One Night of Pacha’ party. Leading Pacha DJ Andy Baxter, along with supporting local DJs and the world famous Pacha dancers will spin guests into 2014 – in one of Cape Town’s favourite beach-side venues.
- Doors open at 22h00.
- Tickets: R750 per person, includes welcome drink. For ticket bookings, phone 021 425 1826 or email email@example.com.
- A ‘Pacha New Year’s Day Party’ will follow the big NYE bash. Guests can enjoy a day into night party with DJ Andy Baxter on the decks and a sunset performance by Goldfish. They’ll be supported by the Pacha dancers and top local DJs.
- Party starts at 14h00.
- Tickets: R500 per person. For ticket bookings, phone 021 425 1826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ring in the New Year at Taj Cape Town
- Mint, the Local Grill – Guests can look forward to a carnival-inspired buffet featuring a number of succulent roasts, traditional Cape Malay dishes, seafood and desserts. The cost is R825 per person, with children under the age of 12 eating for R395 each and those under five eating for free. A jazz duo will provide the live background music during the meal.
- Celebratory Six-course Chef’s Tasting Menu in Bombay Brasserie – Taj Cape Town’s finest eatery is hosting a New Year’s Day Gala Dinner par excellence. Guests will be spoilt with six delightful dishes inspired by Indian Cuisine, whilst taking in the panoramic views of the passing Cape Minstrels’ parade. The cost is R1,100 per person and includes a welcome drink. Regretfully, no children under the age of 12 will be allowed. The dress code is colourful yet elegant.
- Twankey Bar New Year’s Street Party – Twankey Bar is one of the best spots to join in the celebration of the Cape Minstrels’ Carnival parade that starts at the stroke of midnight. Guests can enjoy a generous spread of Cape Malay delicacies and a complimentary glass of Cap Classique. Full access tickets are available at a cost of R350 per person or R150 per person for guests who choose not to partake in the buffet.
- Note: Guests dining at the two Taj restaurants on the night will have complimentary access to the Twankey Bar street party.
- Email email@example.com or phone 021 819 2000 for more info.
More options to follow…