The Friends of De Waal Park concerts are back after a successful first season last summer. Brought to you in association with Re/MAX Living, the concerts will take place at De Waal Park in Oranjezicht every second Sunday from 4 November 2012 until 17 March 2013. Popular artists on this season’s line-up include Jimmy Dludlu, Arno Carstens, Karen Zoid, Big Sky and many more.
The full concert line-up looks like this:
- 4 November 2012: Rudimentals – 15h00
- 18 November 2012: Mark Haze – 15h00
- 2 December 2012: Robin Levetan – 16h00
- 16 December 2012: Jimmy Dludlu and Saudiq Kahn (The Mayor’s Christmas Concert) – 16h00
- 6 January 2013: Karen Zoid – 16h00
- 20 January 2013: The Glenn Robertson Jazz Band – 16h00
- 3 February 2013: Steve Louw and Big Sky – 16h00
- 17 February 2013: Robin Auld – 16h00
- 3 March 2013: Arno Carstens – 15h00
- 17 March 2013: Hot Water – 15h00
The Friends of De Waal Park is a group of volunteering individuals who live in the area. They assist the city in maintaining and improving the park for its citizens. The group helps pay for gardening and maintenance in the park and also for the all-important poop bags for dog walkers. In addition, they have repaired benches and arranged for the for the toilet block to remain open after hours. The group has also upgraded the children’s play area and arranged for additional tables and benches to be placed in the park.
The concerts are staged in the original Edwardian bandstand which was manufactured by Messrs Walter McFarlane & Co of Glasgow and presented to ‘the corporation’ in Cape Town by the Traders-Market & Exhibition Ltd. London in 1904. It was moved from the original exhibition space in Green Point to De Waal Park some years later.
The concerts are open to everyone, so bring along a picnic blanket, your family and friends and have a good day out. Dogs are always welcome as well.
For more information visit www.dewaalpark.co.za.